Our primary areas of practice include real estate law, business law, probate and estate planning, municipal law, and general litigation.
Real Estate Law
At Prince & Monton, PLC, we have dealt on thousands of occasions with the real estate related needs of our clients. Our real estate practice includes assisting and advising our clients in the following areas:
- Buying and selling real estate.
- Purchase agreements.
- Deeds and land contracts.
- Commercial and residential lease agreements.
- Riparian and water law.
- Cottage law.
- Boundary line, encroachment, and easement disputes.
- Partition and co-owner dispute resolution.
- Condominium law.
- Mortgage/land contract foreclosures and forfeitures.
- Landlord/tenant law.
- Mobile home parks.
- Construction lien filing and litigation.
- Property tax issues and property tax uncapping avoidance planning.
- Mineral rights/oil and gas issues.
- Farmland/Right-to-Farm issues.
- Zoning/land use issues.
- Land division/subdivision.
- Quiet title and title curative actions.
- Mortgages and financing.
- Title insurance.
- Property division in divorce actions.
- Real estate related litigation.
- Property tax appeals and Tax Tribunal matters.
Probate, Estate Administration, and Estate Planning
At Prince & Monton, PLC, we are keenly aware of our clients need to be planful with the care and management of their assets and with planning for the future ownership of those assets. We can be helpful to our clients in these areas, including:
- Wills and trusts.
- Conservatorships and guardianships.
- Preparation of financial and health care powers of attorney.
- Special needs planning.
- Trust administration.
- Will contests and probate litigation.
- Family business and succession issues.
- Medicaid planning and elder law.
Having lived and worked in Oceana County for many years, we have become quite familiar with the legal needs and issues of the local business community. We are knowledgeable and can offer advice concerning:
- LLC, corporation, and partnership formation.
- Contract drafting, negotiation, and litigation.
- Business succession planning.
- Business acquisitions and mergers.
- Business dissolution.
- Employment contracts.
- Independent contractor agreements.
- Buy/sell agreements.
- Non-competition agreements.
- Liquor license issues.
- Michigan sales/use tax issues.
- Uniform Commercial Code.
- Security agreements and financing.
- Debt collection.
- Division of business assets and/or buyouts in divorce actions.
- Business related litigation and dispute resolution.
Prince & Monton, PLC, represents both municipalities and individuals in a variety of issues involving municipal law. We have experience and can effectively and efficiently represent our clients in their dealings with governmental agencies. Areas of our practice include, but are not limited to:
- Zoning and land use regulation.
- Ordinance enforcement and defense.
- Property tax forfeiture and foreclosure actions.
- Michigan drain law and proceedings.
- Real estate acquisition and transactions.
- Tax Tribunal litigation.
- Administrative litigation and appeals.
At Prince & Monton, PLC, we provide our clients with effective, aggressive, and efficient representation in many civil litigation matters. We have effectively and successfully represented clients in matters litigated from the local courts all the way to the Michigan Supreme Court. We believe that our clients are an integral and vital part of the litigation experience, and as such, we endeavor to make sure our clients have a solid understanding of all aspects of the litigation, both tactical and strategic. We understand that litigation is both expensive and anxiety ridden, and it is important to us that our assistance is perceived by our clients as both valuable and efficient.
Please contact us and inquire as to whether we can be of assistance to you.